Here we are waiting for the doctor on Thursday.
Next week they will do a CT scan to check her progress. It's hard to believe, but we'll be six weeks into the protocol at that point. Even though a CT scan is quick, she'll have to be sedated because of her age and the fact that she wouldn't be able to keep still. We don't know what day or time it will be, but we're hoping early morning since she can't eat or drink for 8 hours before.
If the scan shows that the tumor has not changed in size much, they will do surgery to remove it the following week. The doctor said he would go ahead and schedule the surgery because if we wait it might be hard to get her in and the timing is important because of the chemo regimen and issues with counts. If the tumor has shrunk significantly, they will postpone the surgery for another 6 weeks. The smaller the tumor, the easier the surgery and recovery.