Sunday, March 22, 2015


It's been a week since we updated the blog!

Thursday morning we went in for Lila's weekly appointment and chemo. She felt well all week, but Thursday I could tell that her energy was down. Her doctor noticed as well. Her blood counts were okay; her hemoglobin was low, but not low enough for a transfusion. Lila fell in love with her nurse, Bonnie. It was so cute, and before we left Lila raised up her arms for Bonnie to pick her up. Bonnie took Lila all over the clinic and Lila was giggling and having a great time. The nurses in the clinic are amazing! We appreciate them so much.

Lila did not get a CT scan Thursday as previously thought. The only time they had available was in the afternoon, and there are restrictions on eating/drinking before the scan. We didn't want to deprive her all day. The scan will now be on April 2nd at 8 a.m. Surgery will be tentatively scheduled for the next week.

After the appointment, we went for a donut treat.  I think you can tell from the picture that she doesn't feel too hot.

Once we got home, Lila took a long nap and woke up in the evening with a fever of 102+. Anytime she gets a fever, it has to be checked out so they can rule out serious infection. If it's during the day, we can go to the clinic, but since it was after hours we had to go to the ER.  Big sis was whisked away to stay with her grandparents and we checked in about 7 p.m. Our experience was much better this time--port access went smoothly, they drew blood cultures, she got some antibiotics, and we were home by 10:30. After they gave her Tylenol, she felt great! She was walking around the room, singing, and being cute. She wanted to take a picture of me wearing a mask and then she wanted me to take a picture of her wearing it. Dad was here as well, but I don't have a picture of him.

Friday she felt better and had no fever. Saturday was a beautiful day so we decided to get out of the house and go to the zoo! We got there right when it opened which was good since it was getting very crowded as we left.

This morning we were planning to all go to church, but Lila woke up at 4:30 and had a huge fit. We'll try again next week!

1 comment:

  1. So happy you could all enjoy a nice day at the zoo! We continue to pray daily for Lila Grace. Brickelle and Isla pray for her by name nightly.